Custom Search

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Who I Am, Why I Am Here, and How I Think I Got Here...



Who I Am, Why I Am Here, and How I Think I Got Here...

My name is Chris. I'm a 26 year old American male. I went to public school, mostly. I did attend a private school for a little over a couple years. I wasn't really social at first, but I became very well acquainted with mostly every individual in my school, and later, in my workplace, and community.

I tend to get along with just about everyone, and can make friends with just about all of these people, too. I like to know people. I like to know what's around me.

As I move through life, I am beginning to notice that my whole life I have been trying to be in a state of cyclicality with what goes on around me. But, recently in my life, about the last two years, I have began to see something I never could have imagined. I didn't necessarily go looking for this knowledge, it seems as though it came looking for me.

I hit a very rough emotional state in my life about the age of twenty-two. In hindsight, I can see that I was subconsciously aware of the destructiveness and the inexistence of cyclicality in the life that I was living, the lives of everyone else, and the society in which I am living. I was living the way that I was told that I was supposed to live. My parents played the role that they were taught to play. And, I was playing the role that they, and our culture, were teaching me to play.

It's obvious from what I have seen that all life in our world exists in a cyclical manor. We can see it in the world around us, whether or not we try to see it, so long as we don't look at the people in the culture in which we live. But, once you see it, you can't ignore that it exists all around you. And you feel like you have to do something about this very blatant problem that exists in our culture.

During the acquisition of this knowledge, I was also beginning to understand myself and what it is to be human. Nobody really teaches you how to be a human. It's something that everybody seems to expect you to just know. Being human is to be alive, understanding that you can only control yourself. Everything that goes on in your mind is yours. Nobody can make you do anything, unless you choose to allow them to control your emotions, or your mind, or anything you can think. The only bars and chains that can hold a human are the bars and chains they allow to hold their minds.

So, what do you do with that knowledge? The only thing that I can think to do , as a human being, is to tell everyone I can, talk to the people with whom I share the world. So, I tell everyone with whom I converse. I make YouTube videos to spread this knowledge... This is why I am here. But, I don't stop at YouTube. I know most of the people in my community. Though, not many are prepared to learn that their whole way of life is impractical, fundamentally violent, and nihilistic, I try to communicate whatever knowledge they can accept within their scope of reality. If something does not fall in-line with your view of the world, it is hard to accept that it has any truth. People will only believe things that fit their reality.

I don't have the answers, and I haven't met anyone that does, but there is a problem that is too large to solve unless we have the majority of people understanding that an undebatable problem exists. The system in which we live is unnatural. It doesn't work for people, it never has, and it never will. There will be a small ruling class, and a larger class of the ruled.

Right now, the problems people are noticing are symptoms of the larger problem that is eluding the vision of most of humanity. The problem is our worldview and the acceptance, participation, and perpetuation of that worldview in the education and indoctrination of our children. It's the worldview that tells us that the earth was made for man; that everything in the world is subject to human ownership, exploitation, and control; that tells us there is something wrong with us because we are human. This indoctrination of our minds teaching us that this culture is "the only way to live" is nothing less than nihilistic an tyrannical. If we think we are destined to destroy ourselves, we will.

Getting away from the civilization, in geographical terms, is not going to stop, or even slow, what is inevitably our future. We are consuming the future, now, so that there isn't a future for humanity or anything else. You and I can live in a way that opposes the worldview of our culture and maintains sustainability, but if there is any chance of a future for those after us, we must reach those who don't see the problems, or even know that there is a problem.

So, I am here, telling you. Now, you know there's something fundamentally wrong with the worldview of our culture. Go learn more, talk to people, read books, "be the change you wish to see in the world." Give your children a planet that is inhabitable. They won't care if we were democratic or totalitarian, or what wars were fought. They are going to care about how we left the world for them. Can they breathe the air, drink the water, eat the food? Can they live on the planet we left to them?

That is who I am, why I am here, and how I think I got here.

7 comments:

ozjthomas said...

It is so great to hear parts of your story, to learn more about you and compare your own story to mine, seeing where we are similar and where we are different.

I really feel I can relate to this talk of cyclicality. For me, it has always been about a responsibility deeper than those imposed by a government, a responsibility to the future.

I think for me, I took quite a detour, because for a long time, I thought I was crazy, and maybe I am in some ways. I wanted to leave society, I didn't and don't have any career ambitions and felt like I couldn't relate to people and their false fronts they put up.

I am still learning. Still learning to be human and what life means to me. For me, it is more and more about acceptance, about living in the world, not about pursuing a career or accomplishing some great deed. None of that interests me.

And maybe I'm arrogant, but I know a few of the things I've done, or plan to do are illegal, though not immoral, and for me, I have realized that it is a higher cause and I have no qualms about breaking unjust laws.

Jon Sheline said...

Thanks for another great message. You and everyone else involved with reading Ishmael on YouTube, and promoting the other Daniel Quinn Books, as well as Jensen....made me finally break down and see what they're all about.
I've been reading Quinn's books on Scribd, glad they're available, because I do not have any money. Have finished Ishmael, and reading Story of B, and I guess I'll go on to the others.
I'm having some of the same thoughts and questions you express in your video. I've been "awake" for a while, or so I thought, and I'm having another round of who, what, when, where, why, how...
You're one of the most substantial people I know of, and may you continue to enlighten others.
"the wise man knows how much he doesn't know."

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I agree but I dream the post should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Powerful presentations start and end with you[url=http://www.victorcruzjerseys.net]Victor Cruz Womens Jersey[/url]
the presenter Candy for the school basketball team[url=http://www.AlfredMorrisJersey.net]www.AlfredMorrisJersey.net[/url]
candy for the local baseball league and yes[url=http://www.elimanningjersey.net]www.elimanningjersey.net[/url]
candy for the football team tootimestamp a Whilst you are preparing your presentation material you will become aware of what questions are likely to be askedtype 'textjavascript'; ga Diesel in diesel powered generators can save around of your expense amount
ï»?) Choose an apt color combination B between 2nd & 3rd) 20 cent wings and over 30 beers on tap Ltd is a certified company engaged in the manufacturing of Cable Accessories and all types of Cable jointing Accessories During this season the Bears kicked the ball to the Falcons when there was only 10 or so seconds left on the game clockThe EagleImage SourceEagles have been used by many nations as a national symbol

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.eventective.com/eventsites/longchampsacsa/]sac longchamp moins cher[/url] Individually priced at $6, Disney Mini Bean Bag Plush are available Discover related brands Mulberry Large Oliver Laptop Briefcase Light Coffee for Men, and Mulberry handbags in Handbags & Purses. at The Disney Store, The Disney Catalog catalog, descriptive list, on cards or in a book, of the contents of a library. Assurbanipal's library at Nineveh was cataloged on shelves of slate. The first known subject catalog was compiled by Callimachus at the Alexandrian Library in the 3d cent.
[url=http://longchampsoldesa.blog.fc2blog.net/]sac longchamp[/url] Make picking up the room part of your child's bedtime routine. Throw out broken toys immediately. Keep a small box in your child's closet for outgrown clothing and toys that you can donate to charity. And let's not Welcome to our mulberry outlet store. We supply mulberry sale bags, Discount Highly Appreciated Mulberry Women's Oversized East West Bayswater Leather Shoulder Black Bag come with durable and stylish. forget that Marie Laveaux and Dr. John Monenet made a business out of selling their powerful gris gris charms. Dr.
[url=http://kafafa.com/longchampmoinse/]sac longchamps[/url] Designer inspired handbags do not infringe on trademarks. They simply are purses that are inspired by design. It is a creation from someone else's inspiration. Try a sexy snakeskin fashion bag, they are lightweight with great flexibility. Don't be afraid to mix and match your snakeskins. Just keep one of them neutral and the other one colorful, for a coordinating look that does not look too busy. Some stores can offer you handmade wholesale bags. You can choose that what matches your preferences most of all. You do not have to wait for any custom orders.. Discount Women's Mulberry Bayswater Trimming Oxford & Leather Tote Bag Black for you, its mastery of fine materials To clean, do not use the dusting brush attachment on the vacuum cleaner as it will only transfer any dust from window sill's etc straight to your shade. Do not wash or dry clean. Simply flick over every few weeks with a dedicated feather duster.

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, what words..., a magnificent idea
I apologise, but, in my opinion, you are not right. Let's discuss it.
I apologise, but it not absolutely that is necessary for me.
I congratulate, this rather good idea is necessary just by the way
This topic is simply matchless :), it is pleasant to me.

[url=http://www.blogymate.com/post.aspx?blogid=3689380&t=Repair-Scratched-Leather][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://michaelkorscheap2.webstarts.com/index.html?r=20130115220111][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyitt.loveblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.squidoo.com/shenenmaoyif][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyipo.altervista.org/anniversary-presents-for-wife/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]